IF YOU SMELL GAS:
1. NO FLAMES OR SPARKS! - Immediately put out all smoking materials and other open flames. Do Not operate lights, appliances, telephones, or cell phones. Flames or sparks from these sources can trigger an explosion or fire.
2. LEAVE THE AREA IMMEDIATELY! - Get everyone out of the building or area where you suspect gas is leaking.
3. SHUT OFF THE GAS - Turn off the main gas supply valve on your propane tank if it is safe to do so. To close the valve, turn the shut off valve to the right (clockwise).
4. REPORT THE LEAK - From a neighbor's home or other nearby building away from the gas leak, call your local propane supplier right away. If you can't reach your propane supplier call 9-1-1 or your local fire department.
5. DO NOT RETURN TO THE BUILDING OR AREA - Until the propane supplier, emergency responder or qualified service technician determines that it is safe to do so.
6. GET YOUR SYSTEM CHECKED - Before you attempt to use any of your propane appliances have a qualified service technician check the entire propane system to ensure it is leak free and safe.